Jackfruit Tofu Green Curry 菠萝蜜绿咖喱

The lazy-cook's idea simply popped when I saw Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce, placed beside canned Green Jackfruit at my local Trader Joes store. Good thinking, Trader Joes!

One-pot vegetarian jackfruit green curry, why not? How about adding quick, easy and delicious to it?

That will sit alongside my other one-pot dishes such as One-Pot Tomato RiceOne-Pot Pasta and One-Pot Beans and Lentils.


Before I conceived this one-pot idea, I have not even browsed Trader Joes Fearless Flyer! But coincidentally, while I was flipping the flyer book one breakfast morning, that ambitious goal to make a quick, easy and delicious one-pot vegetarian green curry seems not that far off. The Fearless Flyer actually had a write-up for Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce and Green Jackfruit on the same page, and as recommended combo for cooking.



Vegetarian Jackfruit Tofu Green Curry 菠萝蜜绿咖喱
Ingredients:
1 Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce (from Trader Joes)
1 can Green Jackfruit in Brine (from Trader Joes)
1 mire poix - celery, onions, carrots combo (from Trader Joes)
2 cups firm tofu cubes (I had mine roasted 400 for 30-40mins. You can omit the roasting or to reduce one step, leave the tofu out)

Directions: Add everything in a pot (can be a pot over stove, slow-cooker; as for me, I use my rice cooker), and let it cook and simmer in rice cooker for 20-30 minutes.



Sharing with Hearth and Soul

Tag: ,

An Escape to Food on Facebook